How Does A Virtual Race Work?
Where can I run/walk? Anywhere! This is your virtual run, and we want you to complete it wherever you want. Sidewalks, paths, treadmill—make this run your own! Want to run with your family or your pet? Do it!
When should I run/walk? Anytime! You find the day and time that works best for you to complete your distance. We will host workout challenges throughout the summer and we encourage everyone to come together virtually to complete their distance between the June kickoff and race day.
SPECIAL EVENT: Race Against Gun Violence Pop Up and Livestream with the Peace Mobile
WHERE: East Randolph and South Harbor Drive cul de sac (next to the bike path)
WHEN: Saturday, 9/25 8:30AM – 11:00AM
- RUN by to take a selfie by our beloved Peace Mobile
- SHARE why you run on the sidewalk or our chalkboard
- POST #WhyIRun and #ChooseHope to let people know why you’re in the race against gun violence and what inspires you to build peace.
JOIN THE LIVESTREAM FROM 10:00AM – 11:00AM
- JOIN US! We will be broadcasting live on location at the Peace Mobile and we’ll be checking in with other “races” around Chicago and beyond to amplify #WhyIRun and bring out the best of our city.
- Follow us on Instagram Live: @stridesforpeace
When will I get my race packet?
Race packets will be mailed on the following dates:
- September 14 (registration must be made by 11:59 pm on September 13)
- September 27 (registration must be made by 11:59 pm on September 26)
How do I track my distance and time? For the virtual run, we accept finish times on the honor system, but the most accurate tracking is typically via a device with GPS tracking, such as Strava, Fitbit, MapMyRun and others.
How can I engage with other participants in the Race Against Gun Violence?
We invite everyone to wear their Strides gear and share photos on social media using the hashtags #RAGV2021, #WhyIRun, and #ChooseHope. Check out our NEW and IMPROVED social media kit!